Data Scientist Intern
Hyperlex is the Legaltech startup that disrupts contract management thanks to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning!
Our solution helps legal teams on a daily basis by increasing their productivity. Our ambition? Support their digital transformation, to help them move from a cost center to a value creation service!
Founded in 2017 by 2 engineers, Hyperlex has performed two fundraising sessions since its creation, with a last round at 4 millions euros in June 2019 from renowned investors: Elaia, Axeleo Capital, ISAI Venture and Kernel Investissements.
Our team has 20 people with several experts in software development, IT security and artificial intelligence, but also legal experts, sales and talented individuals. Our passion and our commitment to excellence allowed us to develop an innovative technology awarded several times: EDF Pulse prize and Best Legaltech Corporate prize.
We are always looking for new talents! Join us and participate to an innovative project that wants to revolutionize the practices of the legal sector thanks to AI!
- After choosing the topic of your choice, review the state-of-the-art and propose a way to improve it or adapt it to Hyperlex’s needs
- Implement these new models and evaluate your ideas on both public dataset and Hyperlex’s dataset
- Push your work from idea to production and monitor how it impacts clients
- Interact with the Product team and/or the client to solve real business problems
We have several research topics covering a large scope of Machine Learning fields
Natural Language Processing
- Clauses generation applied to legal documents: from text summarization to text generation (GPT2)
- Named Entity Recognition on noisy user-generated data
- Anomaly detection in legal documents
Why you should apply?
- It’s the perfect timing to join Hyperlex in terms of growth
- We have a strong Machine Learning team that will help you learn on multiple topics
- We are an amazing team of 20+ people trying to disrupt the legaltech scene
- Automatic extraction of tabular data in legal documents (object detection)
- Graph Convolutional Network to extract entities and clauses
- Student from a major engineering school or equivalent master’s degree
- You have advanced technical skills in Applied Mathematics (Machine Learning / Optimization)
- Your are fluent with Python and can write quality code
- Previous internship in Machine Learning is a big plus
- You have some experience with one of these libraries: tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, spaCy
- You like reading research papers and implement state-of-the-art models
PROCESS DE RECRUTEMENT
- Vous nous envoyez votre CV ou lien linkedin ainsi que des exemples de réalisations ou de code (github, bitbucket) si vous en avez.
- Nous vous appelons pour faire connaissance.
- Si vous n’avez aucune réalisation en ligne, nous vous demandons d’effectuer quelques petits exercices techniques chez vous pour évaluer vos connaissances.
- Vous rencontrez l’équipe (2 interviews). Et puis c’est bon !
- Apply here by sending us your CV, a link to your github is also appreciated
- Phone interview
- Onsite technical test
- Meet with the team
- Contract Type: Internship (Between 4 and 6 months)
- Start Date: 01 February 2020
- Location: Paris, France (75009)
- Education Level: Master’s Degree
- Experience: < 6 months
- Salary: between 1200€ and 1800€ / month